POET Technologies Inc.

in response to ABC-Sch's message

Gentlemans,

Just to let you know that I'm happy to have an AIF filed on SEDAR plus a notice to file a short form prospectus under 44-101.

Based on my previous work experience, junior mining companies normally raise their fund under a security regulation made for PPs (Private Placement) which is National Instrument 45-106.

Such regulation requires less disclosure to the public (No AIF required and No Prospectus) and doesn't allow the general public to buy into such PP (only accredited investors). Note that some funds doesn't buy under that regulation as part of their governance policies.

Reference for 45-106 : https://www.osc.gov.on.ca/en/Companies_private-placements_index.htm

Now, under 44-101, every financial information disclosed by POET Technologies plus an updated annual Information Form (AIF) will be incorporated in what is called a Short Form Prosepectus. This process simplify the process of filing of prospectus for financing or other transactions.

If POET wants to raise funds from a "different base" of investors they have to go under 44-101 instead of the 45-106 regulation for PP.

Note, that doesn't imply that a financing will be completed, but my guess is that a bought deal could be in the burner for a based US entity. We (the company I was working for) had to go under 44-101 to raise funds from a US entity.

Nevertheless, it does show the seriousness of the company by doing some extra disclosures, which are indeed time consuming and costly.

Bottom line, Please take the time to read the AIF.

Please login to post a reply
LookinGIntoIt
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/15/2014
Social Links
Private Message