POET Technologies Inc.

The SP has been beaten down without any news. I stated almost two weeks ago "unless there is imminent major news, (which I hope there is), we need to have an update as to status of the milestones and other corporate happenings, like how is the BAE situation progressing, like overall industry feedback. There seems to be much to say that is not considered material. It is time unless............".

So with the SP beaten down, again, I wondered why, again, the company remains silent, again. In wondering why, I read the following comment from Manocha at an industry conference exactly two years ago when he was CEO at GF.

"Manocha described fab strategies that emerged in the 1990s as "Foundry 1.0"—it was based on an adversarial transaction focus with a zero-sum orientation. Moving forward, he said, we well need "Foundry 2.0," which involves partnering for success—a collaborative approach that looks not just to cost and time to market or time to volume but rather "time to everything." Foundry 1.0 will no longer work, he said—the best solutions will not arise from insulated teams. Instead, with Foundry 2.0, we must tap global R&D talent. "It takes an ecosystem," he said, extending from EDA through assembly and test. "The rules of the game have changed," he said, adding that teams must be "engaging early, deeply, openly, and comprehensively" to help close the gap from lab to fab. Foundry 2.0 is fully optimized for the mobile era," he concluded. "Challenge your teams to play in the big leagues of Foundry 2.0."

After years with a stake in Poet, I must believe this challenge went out to our new COO and CEO, and our prospective partners. I must believe we are closing the gap from lab to fab. It is the mandate. I must believe the callaborative approach, and discussion with potential partners is coming to fruition. I must believe that BAE, Synopsys, the U.S. Military, and others yet unnamed, are working with us on "the best solutions".

The move to the big leagues of 2.0 is taking longer than I believed it would. Building "an ecosystem, extending from EDA through assembly and test" is taking longer than the company believed it would. I want an update, but I must believe it will come when our team, whoever that may include, is ready to make 2.0, with Poet at the core, a reality.

I hope and trust we are close. I'm sorry, but after so long, I'm finding it hard to believe anything else.

Please login to post a reply
Iamsorry
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/25/2013
Social Links