POET Technologies Inc.

in response to fairchijisback's message

Perhaps we should asses on a case-by-case basis whether we should regard someone as a fear mongerer or not. In my opinion Chart POV makes some statements that are valid and reasonable within his system of technical analysis. That is, his statements are well-founded within this system – contrary to the arbitrary SH basher who has nothing he could base his claims on.

You and I might not agree with TA being a reasonable tool to make investment decisions. However, a lot of people do, and therefore TA has a considerable impact on the share price. So if there share price breaches the 200 day MA, forms a bullish harami cross or gives any other kind of technical signal, this is relevant simply because people pay attention to it and act accordingly – be it discussed on this forum or not. We should be aware of that.

If a negative TA signal scares people, I'd say that's their own problem. And if they don't read about that signal here, they'd read about it elsewhere. However, if we'd refuse to discuss such signals here, we'd at the same time refuse to put them into perspective by opposing them with fundamentals.

After all, everybody himself is bearing the sole responsibility for his investment. Everybody himself decides whether and what he wants to be scared by, be it other people (e.g. traders forcing the share price down, posters talking about negative TA signals) or circumstances (sputter tool, lack of news). We are grown-up. We should be able to rationally ponder everything thoroughly and then make an informed decision. These decisions should be rational. Emotions are bad advisors.

Oh, and we shouldn't shoot the messenger!

(Fairchij, I suspect we won't agree on the above, so instead of cluttering the board with a lengthy discussion, we might instead simply agree to disagree, if that's okay for you.)

Please login to post a reply
Rainer
City
Dortmund
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/13/2014
Social Links