POET Technologies Inc.

in response to BlackAdder's message

let me clarify.

I was of the mind that a missed milestone would be a good environment to execute a short trade. so, they would sell shares as everyone was getting excited about the anouncement (sell BEFORE June 30th), and then ride it down as the market expresses disappointment at the milestone being missed. (covering at some point nowish).

the reduction in the outstanding short position has been a medium term thing that's ongoing, I was only thinking of a short term trade around the 6/30 deadline.

PNP might be a factor, but how does a trader, any trader, know if their trade will be helped or hindered by an institutional investor? you aren't suggesting that all of the forces of darkness have perfect information and secret meetings to discuss ruining our christmas?

personally I wasn't thinking PNP would be an ongoing factor, because I know that they know (believe) the potential value PTK has. look at their portfolio, all these penny dreadfuls and, like, 50% of their portfolio in PTK. Yes, they do have debt issues, and they will be a seller at some point, but I bet a bottom dollar they will be selling AFTER the big announcement and the stock pops, and then, once we get on Nasdaq, there will be plenty of liquidity to absorb whatever PNP needs to sell. I am thinking they are OK for now, "now" being the focus of my "buy in July" stategy outlined a few weeks back.

but maybe I'm wrong.

PS: sell they must, but I bet PNP is hoping/praying that PTK saves their business!

PPS: glad to hear about you adding some dribs and drabs. who knows, maybe there are others...

Please login to post a reply
schnauser
City
San Francisco
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/07/2014
Social Links