POET Technologies Inc.

You guys who are railing against management currently, have been in the past waiting more patiently (at times the stock goes up) and expecting a huge payday, as if it's a 75% or so chance to hit the lotto (some may put that percentage as high as 90%). To me, that expectation is not reasonable; there must be significant risk in order to make the kind of money you expect. Part of the risk is exactly what is causing you to be so upset now. Less communication than you'd like, for example. Since you have unreasonable expectations, including lack of communication from the company (notwithstanding that the company has warned that they are hamstrung by NDA's), well, it's not surprising you're plenty frustrated and upset.

Look, I'd love to know if our VSCEL and our Ring O have already proven much about our tech, or if Tony Blevins is our new CEO, if Apple believes in our tech, etc., but I don't - and, rather than get upset about it, I can accept it as part of the overall risk of making a lot of money, when starting with only a little.

This investment could turn out wildly great, mediocre or downright disappointing, it's all part of the spectrum of risk. Many have been conditioned to believe that anything less than wildly great will be a disappointment. To those in that boat, I would say that's more your own fault, than it is anyone else's, no matter how good POET fans sound and what POET fans tell you the tech is worth, etc. That's their opinion and many of us hope they are right. But right now, it's still speculative, no matter what anyone says.

This last release is a macrocosm of what has gone on here for years - expectations are raised by those who really don't understand things like quarterly reports, proxy statements and the like, those expectations are then dashed, when whatever item it is, actually only does what reasonable people would expect, and the last couple of days of posts ensue.

This is still a Venture company, I expect stuff just like what is happening. And it happens on other exchanges as well. The NAS will not be a panacea, but I certainly would rather be mislead a bit or kept in the dark at $6, than at $1.50!

Good luck all, and I believe we do need a little of that.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links