POET Technologies Inc.

in response to dash8400's message

Didn't naming him to the TRAB just cause Apple all sorts of headaches?

I actually doubt that naming him to the TRAB caused Apple any kind of headache. He would have never been allowed to take that position if that would have been the case. What may have taken place is that Tony was brought on board initially for two reasons. For POET to look at him and for him and/or Apple to get a closer look at POET? If both liked what they saw then it could have evolved to the next level of an actual offer? What I find most interesting is that no compensation was provided to Tony when the appointment took place. Why? Ether it was because he was there on behalf of Apple or the compensation that he was about to receive in options would appear too generous to announce for the role he was about to fill?

Whichever way you cut this there are unanswered questions that will have to be disclosed at some point and we may have reached that point but the i's were not properly dotted? Or maybe IIROC wanted greater clarity on a news release that was pending. Clarity that Apple did not want to agree to or something that derailed this BNN appearance. I just can't believe that a scheduling screw up between BNN whose business relies on communication and POET who would certainly not want to be in a position to cancel yet again and this time with extremely short notice.

It is very conceivable that a news release was prepared that was a very significant announcement and IIROC just felt it was not clear enough to give a complete understanding of all the details? Details that the parties did not want or agree on being included. Remember there could also very well be another party involved which would require news to be in sync.

There are many unanswered questions. But what I really liked seeing today is how it affected the trading. The market does not like uncertainty but they seemed to like that this uncertainty may just be pointing to something very significant.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message