POET Technologies Inc.

I'm having a little trouble believing we're about to be bought out for billions. I have never heard of a $1.50 publically traded company that was taken over for 20 times its' closing price. That was until I google it and found this;

Gateway Industries is a success story spawned by a black swan event. Gateway Industries "provides database management services and Website design and maintenance for national not-for profit, healthcare and publishing entities." The company traded for 1 cent a share and was not known to be an extraordinary firm, even within the penny stock market. The company had one employee, its CEO, Jack Howard, and did not seem to be particularly special.

However, on Feb. 11, 2011 it was announced that Robert F.X. Sillerman would be acquiring Gateway Industries. The announcement was completely unexpected. Robert F.X. Sillerman, a world famous media entrepreneur, needed a company such as Gateway Industries in order to fulfill his vision of facilitating interaction between television viewers and shows. The effect was instantaneous: Gateway Industries' stock immediately jumped over 20,000% to $2.97 a share, a move based on Sillerman's reputation alone. Sillerman then consolidated Gateway Industries with a handful of other firms to create his start-up firm, Viggle Inc

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/12/most-shocking-stock-increases-falls.asp#ixzz3XRS6e8HW
Follow us: @Investopedia on Twitter

So it is possible. Bring on the bids

Please login to post a reply
letitwalk
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/10/2014