POET Technologies Inc.

Hi,

I've been invested in POET for about a year.. and lurking here the same length of time.

I couldn't begin to match the contributions of the regular posters here, and I don't plan on becoming a frequent poster. It's all I can manage to keep up with reading this forum.. and I try hard to do that.

That said, I owe my understanding of POET.. and hence, my confidence in POET to those who lead here, and the many who contribute to this forum. Many thanks for that.

I just thought I'd chime in on the question of putting a value on POET.

The theoretical value is beyond me. That being said, I've listened to various arguments stating valuations must be based on current stock price, or based on looking at comparable companies. To me, both of these are moot points.

POET is disruptive. No one is arguing that point, although not all the major industry players have recognized it yet. That should soon change.

Any attempted buy out will be driven by the following analysis:

1) What impact will using this technology have on our future success as a business ?

2) What impact will not using this technology (insert competitive disadvantage here) have on our future success as a business ?

3) Can our company, as a going concern, afford not to be part of this technological paradigm shift ?

This is a fairly simplistic thought process, but one that leads to a single conclusion, once the disruptive nature of POET is recognized.

At the end of the day, I don't think any company can afford not to use POET, and for that very same reason, no company will be able to afford buying POET outright.

The markets will only recognize this true value slowly, as industry reveals it's dependancy.

Not even Apple can afford POET once industry peers see the value proposition of not participating. This sounds absurd, but its not. If what investors here believe is true, POET represents an extinction event for all who do not participate. This can only, in my view, lead to a collaborative arrangement.. licensing agreements, partnerships, etc.

This is beyond good for POET and POET investors, as it means leverage is in our corner. Combine this with a highly skilled management team, and I can only keep pinching myself.

Again, I just want to give a big thanks to all the generous and insightful contributers here, and the best of luck to all of us.

Please login to post a reply
Infocus
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/22/2015
Social Links
Private Message