POET Technologies Inc.

in response to SteveWilson's message

Butch Cassidy to Sundance: 'Boy I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals'.

Here's are a few reasons why Eileen's valuations may be relevant.

1) Valuations are not always slotted by industry/technology. Demand drives valuations.

2) While ARM may be a viable comparison for a mature company, POET's technology is a disruptive force on an immense technological, economic, political and cultural scale. That cannot be said of an ARM.

3) POET'S technology creates a unique quandary, simply put, within its IC roots, it poses a 'FOMO' -- fear of missing out-- quandary, that was very well documented in earlier posts. Except that fear is more than a fear, it is a reality.

Many laugh at the valuations posed here, I do not, because they are possible, because no technology has come forth in this era that has so much potential with so little notice of its emergence.

If you want to confine your valuation model to established players in the industry, feel free, but Ubers, Teslas, Apples, Googles, Facebooks, etc, did not obtain their valuations based on Ford, Microsoft, MySpace, Yahoo, and others within their industries, they obtained them because of how different and impactful and disruptive they could become. So I will consider all manners of comparison, because no one has the precise answer as to what is correct.

Please login to post a reply
lumenge
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
04/30/2014
Social Links
Private Message