POET Technologies Inc.

in response to dash8400's message

I take your point Dash, however, I Love the last three paragraphs:

"The business implications are important to Apple, of course, but the problem the Watch aims to solve is legitimately important... If the Watch is successful, it could impact our relationship with our devices. Technology distracts us from the things we should pay the most attention to—our friends, moments of awe, a smile from across the room. But maybe a technology can give those moments back. Whether Apple is the company to make that technology is the three-quarters-of-a-trillion-dollar-market-cap question.

Lynch is leaning forward in his chair, telling me about his kids: about how grateful he is to be able to simply glance at his Watch, realize that the latest text message isn’t immediately important, and then go right back to family time; about how that doesn’t feel disruptive to him—or them.

A moment later, he stands up. He has to leave; he owes Dye and Ive an update on something important. In all the time we’ve been talking, he’s never once looked at his phone."

Now, why would Lynch (an apple guy) imply that any text mail he might receive would not "feel disruptive" . Perhaps it might be because his humble fruit company already controls the disruption :)

Best of luck to all.

Hal

Please login to post a reply
Sir Hope-a-lot
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/08/2014