POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Abel00's message

Dear Abel00,

I think your unease is triggered by an inate reaction to the NR that something does not quite tally and I agree.

What does not add up for me is why would you announce a collaboration with BAE to fabricate your prototype when you have already announced a collaboration with a third party fab some months earlier? My logic says because there are two fabricators you have to collaborate with.

This makes sense in two respects.

1. The military specifications for POET/PETwill be of a higher order than commercial specs'. Although military specs will be compatible with commercial they will be more rigorous, soldier proof as we say. Additionally my experience of military procurement is that it can move at a slower pace. Yesterday's announcement being simply a written agreement following approval by the methodical laboured Military Procurement process.

2. The urgency for rRF detection and target aquisition is more pronounced in the current geopolitical environment. I am thinking here of drones taking out the white Toyota with the black ISIS flag on a country road in Moseley Iraq by a contoller/ pilot with his feet on a desk in Fort Worth texts or the like. Delivering the POET product to acieve this will be of a different order of magnitude than the new I WATCH.

Both factors add up to a need for two fab albeit their work will.be interrelated. This leaves us with th notion that GF may still be in the circle of light POET

as ever,

sula

Please login to post a reply
sulasailor
City
Chester
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined