POET Technologies Inc.

in response to stockguru72's message

I believe pages 8 and 9 of the link you provided has more relevent information with regard to POET uplisting to the Nasdaq.

https://listingcenter.nasdaq.com/assets/initialguide.pdf

Now looking at the chart on page 9, here's what I see.

It looks to me like PTK only has to close above $2.00 to apply to uplist to the Nasdaq. The way I read that chart the requirement to trade above $4.00 for 90 trading days only applies if the company can only meet the Market Value Standard in the middle column. If POET qualifies under the Equity Standard as well they may be able to uplist after only closing above $3.00. They may be able to uplist even after closing above $2.00 under the Market Value Standard if they also meet the requirements of the Equity Standard. The point I'm making is the footnote(*) on the charts on pages 8 and 9 refer to only needing a $4.00 bid price for 90 trading days if the company qualifies solely under the Market Value Standard.

This leads to the next question. Under the last footnote(**) on page 9, the qualifications for listing under the closing price alternative are listed. Does POET have at least $2 million in net tangible assets to meet the alternative closing price requirements? I'm leaning toward yes, but someone more familiar with POET's numbers could probably answer this better than I could.

I recall Bumblebee's post from a while ago which has been reposted and referred to multiple times. I've always trusted Bumblebee's information was accurate. I recall he said that $2.00 was the minimum price to uplist. These charts might oversimplify the initial listing process and there might be additional requirements, but the other information in the link and Bumblebee's previous comments on the subject are helpful.

I'm confident that what Peter said about uplisting from a position of strength with additional positives to follow is very possible within the rough timeline given. All things considered, it's not long before we find out.

GLTA,

Green

Please login to post a reply
Green88
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/23/2013