POET Technologies Inc.

in response to DNWL's message

I was off the board for a while so I am just catching up. I would like to comment that what I found very interesting (off the top of my head) is the information that SG offered in terms of the capability to go from low energy use at .3 volts which still maintains very good performance with the capability to go to much higher performance levels at .5 volts while still maintain huge savings over silicon at its minimum voltage at .8 volts. I have seen the two voltages used in the CP in the past without any clear indication of the metrics behind them. Also the 30% savings associated with the optical clock distribution was very significant. So when they talk about 90% energy savings on the electrical side we have some idea of why those numbers are often referenced differently including the associated metrics of speed that is referenced. Also something different. It was stated that POET energy/performance metrics were actually as good as or better than 14nm silicon. In addition you heard many references made to partners and customers. Attempts were made to prefix "potential" to partners and customers but more often than not that prefix was dropped.

I also wanted to say that POET is very aware of the track record of timing. It has been suggested that the move to show NRE in the CP as 3nd half 2015 as a case of POET wanting to change the perception that it is expected that milestones are over-promised and under-delivered. The shorts have gotten very use to this and it is very probable that POET management have have recognized the need to do the opposite and under-promise and over-deliver. As such shorts and traders will be less likely to time the market in the future if they get caught by an announcement ahead of schedule.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message