POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Babaoriley's message

I don't recall what you posted about Lee but I think there could be more to his departure than could be permitted. I regard Lee as an extremely hard worker. He always has been as per his bio with the kind of integrity that is rooted in a person’s personality. Not something you turn on when required but something that is always there. That is the way I regard Lee. He spent months working with Geoff to catalog everything Geoff had on POET. All the experiments. Even after months of working endless hours with Geoff Lee was still learning more about POET capabilities than had ever been realised outside of that lab or rather Geoff's head. He remarked a number of times when doing this kind of investigative work for VC's that when he looked at the technology many of them were trying to sell the product was always much less than what was advertised without the ability to add or to continue progress. The longer Lee worked with Geoff in unravelling the capabilities of POET the greater was his appreciation for the magnitude of what Geoff had created. In other words it much more than what was originally apparent or that anyone really knew. It was work that had never been viewed because it was funded by the US government.

Now my theory is that Lee has knowledge and an association with POET that can never be duplicated. But more importantly he knows how to work with Geoff very closely and I know that he has immense respect for Geoff.

I think it is very possible that Lee may well be leaving POET to work for another company associated with POET…perhaps a POET partner. POET is short handed in terms of staff. Lee was probably the one guy they could give up right now to help a partner understand POET and more importantly how to work with Geoff when required under a new roof.

This is totally a theory but one that may fit. I posted an article earlier today about a partnership between Synopsys and AMD regarding IP. One of the conditions of that deal

Synopsys acquires rights to AMD’s interface and foundation IP, and hires a team of engineers from AMD with IP R&D expertise

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message