POET Technologies Inc.

in response to stockguru72's message

Comments:

Erik Jensen 3 months ago

POET Technologies (PTK; TSXV) already has a working product that is just about ready to produce.
INTEL is going to be left behind.

I *knew* one of you rabid investor types would show up in this thread. I *knew* it.

Until TSMC, GF, IBM, Samsung, Intel, or SMIC* announces a plan to integrate Poet's technology into their manufacturing facilities, you are spitting in the wind. The greatest hypothetical technology on Earth is useless paper until someone actually agrees to manufacture it at commercial volumes. Winning specialized designs at BAE doesn't count when we're talking mainstream markets; the two have radically different requirements and needs.

*- I've expanded my list of foundries to be kinder to the company. Major deployment at any of the top foundries will satisfy my criteria.

Poet claims to have a technology that could reinvent the semiconductor business. I will discuss the company's technology if and when it wins a single mainstream foundry or customer to deploy that technology. `

I do not know if POET has recruited an evangelical PR term or simply has a dogged core of investors, but the company is all hype, no substance until it delivers on the criteria I stated above.

I will cover POET when it wins a major design partner for a consumer market *and* convinces a major foundry to adopt its technology. Building satellite tech for a military aerospace company is not the same thing as a consumer design win and will not be treated as such.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/186773-the-polariton-laser-with-250x-lower-power-consumption-could-this-be-the-answer-to-on-chip-optical-interconnects

Please login to post a reply
Morning Star
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/04/2013
Social Links
Private Message