POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Rainer's message

Great post Rainer on "Stealth Mode" I totally agree with you.

I have been searching the reason behind the move to 40 nm while I must admint, POET had already provied the answer to us, I just could'nt decipher it from the press releases. There is a plan and this plan is in motion "BIG TIME".

A 40nm prototype, would you have imagine that at the beginning of the year?

2014 (so far) is definitely the year of colloboration, partnership and DEVELOPMENT for POET, all partners are gearing up and getting ready to show-case the first PET and POET prototype.

POET Technologies – Special Strategic Committee Update

January 6th, 2014

Copetti: “Preparing for a development alliance with comprehensive documentation and full availability of a technology design kit will definitively enable industry partners to incorporate POET technology into their products, thereby shortening time-to-market for potential products, and helping to commercialize POET in the marketplace quickly. We are encouraged by our ongoing discussions to date with potential partner […]”

POET Technologies Announces Completion and Availability of POET Technology Design Kit Documentation (POET/TDK)

April 7th, 2014

TCAD Simulation of Processes and Devices

Based on the TDK, Company staff and its tool partner are currently using technology computer-aided design (TCAD) simulation to develop and optimize specific semiconductor processing technologies and devices of interest to other potential partners.

PET Advances

Specific TCAD efforts are focused on complementary hetero-structure field-effect transistors (HFETs) and bipolar transistors (HBTs), which form the basis for the first TDK release focused on the planar electronic technology (PET), the electrical subset of the POET process. It can support complementary HFET (CHFET), bi-CHFET, bipolar and thyristor device fabrication. PET offers lower cost and simpler process fab options for applications that do not require the full optical feature set offered by POET.

POET Technologies Announces Technology and Regulatory Updates

July 8th, 2014

100-nm Scaling and Prototype Initiatives

Mr. Peter Copetti, Executive Chairman and interim CEO, noted, “We are extremely proud of how far our team has come. We are now at a point where the capabilities of a third-party foundry are required for practical demonstration, as well as subsequent third-party validation. We look forward to proceeding on this basis.”

POET Technologies Announces a Collaboration with Third Party Foundry to Reproduce and Enhance Repeatability of the 100-nm Results and Shrink its Planar Electrical Technology Process (PET) to 40-nm Scale

September 2nd, 2014

This announcement follows another announcement today from the Company regarding collaboration with Synopsys and the creation of the Company’s first Process Design Kit (PDK). This collaboration will see the development of an advanced model of the Company’s PET devices targeting a technology node of 40-nm, a significant production node of highly integrated systems-on-chip (SoC) silicon CMOS device. The results of the physical devices at 40-nm developed at the “3rd party foundry” can then be correlated to the models of the PET technology developed using TCAD tools from Synopsys and vice-versa.

And finally, don't forget, the SSC wanted to go global with IP monetization and this cannot be achieved overnight without strong relations within the industry, partnership, key players and off course a proof that the technolofy is what it claims to be.

Globalization Plans

The Company is planning several initiatives to raise global awareness of POET and increase its global investor base.(IMO, this will wait after the first phase of development and testing, there will be much less no-sayers once testing and simulation at 40nm will be completed)

The Company intends to split monetization of the IP between multiple commercial markets and military applications and products to maximize returns of all the different aspects of the POET IP.

Disclaimer : I am not in the money right now and off course, I'm LONG on PTK I have rarely seen a Venture company execute like this management does.

Please login to post a reply
LookinGIntoIt
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/15/2014
Social Links
Private Message