POET Technologies Inc.

I am sorry but there was no real news in the recent news releases, so no real shock that we have not seen bump in the SP. Let me explain.

I have noted on several occassions in the recent past that this company has telegraphed almost everything they have accomplished so far. And yes, I think they continue to telegraph. They set milestones along the developmental path. They published them for all to see. While timetables were sometimes delayed, they have moved through those milestones with vigor.

They told us of a new valuation. They told us filing a 20-F.

They told us some time ago they were talking with potential partners to move the tech along. We know they have limited staff to do advanced modelling. We know they have limits with equipment at the UConn lab. We know the tech must be proved scalable.

Aug 16, 2013....A year ago....."Establishing a POET Development Alliance (PDA) – The Company will be establishing relationships with one or more industrial partners looking towards jointly adapting POET to commercial scale III-V implementation. Alliance partners will provide key input including intellectual assets, technical staff, manufacturing capability, and foundry resources. In addition to optimizing device parameters and yields, a near-term goal will be to establish comprehensive design rules and a device parameter library for POET, which will proliferate licensed designs in a POET device ecosystem."

April 7, 2014 "This design tool-flow is required to evaluate and ultimately transfer POET’s technology into manufacturers’ design-and-fabrication environments."

and.... "The PET/TDK models are anticipated to be available to third parties around the end of the third quarter 2014."

and of course now Manocha's involvment.... "including: mergers and acquisitions, and related transitions; joint ventures, collaborations, partnerships and other industry relationships; assistance in capital raises; and identification and installation of a permanent CEO."

So I would suggest Synopsys involvement not a real shocker. Took more time than anticipated but nice to get them onboard. But we were kind of told something like this was coming. We just didn't know when and I would surmise they didn't know when either.

July 8, 2014 "We are now at a point where the capabilities of a third-party foundry are required for practical demonstration, as well as subsequent third-party validation."

So not a surprise we need to move to a third party foundry to reproduce and enhance repeatability of the 100-nm results and shrink PET to 40-nm scale. (And note "enhance repeatability.").

So onward we go. What can we expect next? Well, I think we have been told what to expect. Watch for a major partner to be announced anytime as per PC at the Empire. Expect revenue in the next 3-6 months. Expect the military, supporting this tech development for years, to utilize Poet in the near future (we know Poet is being evaluated for use in military initiatives). Expect a name CEO to come on board. I'd even watch for a merger or a joint venture. Expect us to head to the NASDAQ. Expect a reverse split if the SP doesn't respond smartly by year end.

So while the news we got this week continues to move us along the path to commercialization and monetization, the news was not that unexpected. Hence, I think, a lackluster SP since the announcements. Like many here have said, show us the money and we'll show you a SP worth a great deal more.

Of course, all this said, I am sorry, but it is only my unqualified opinion.

All the best!

Please login to post a reply
Iamsorry
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/25/2013