POET Technologies Inc.

As Eileen mentioned, POET is a product!
Do you have a doubt?

What we still did not do in depth, is to have a look at the marketing side!
Eileen pointed us to this topic, which is finally the most important part of the selling.
Eileen focused on the social media, which is changing the way and the speed of marketing. But let us take a look at the marketing itself.

To start this discussion, let us compare POET with a benchmark competitor - INTEL.

Let us not look at the pure technology, (I guess this point of view is already well known!), but the "product" and its surrounding.

Inside:
“Intel inside” – it is a well known slogan. It states that inside your device there is a CPU made by Intel. This was done to market an invisible product, the CPU, I guess especially vs. their archrival AMD (Ah, do you see: this is GF + POET
J). Before, the CPU was something immaterial, the final customer purchased a product (Thinkpad, i-Book, Lifebook…) and the related brands. Excellent move!

The same can happen with “POET inside”, no matter if it is about a part of the hardware, or a technology! Both is not directly visible in the final product, but will determine key properties. Hence - it can perfectly be marketed.

The name:

INTEL is an artificial word, coming from integrated elecronics. It reminds me to intellect, intelligence. Quite technical, but it fitted to it’s time (1968!). It was created for technical people; average people just did not use computers at this time!

POETS name – it is so wonderful! Wonderful for marketing! Imagine it is a name with a real meaning! A poet, this is a very positive person. A creative artist! He is possibly a little crazy, a little away from “real life”, but a poet transfers feelings! A poet is in all the songwriters, and music, this is all about life! And yes, somehow a poet is in all of us! (by the way, thank you Doodebug for your great AGM poem!)

The face:

Has Intel a face? Well, we all know Mr. Moor (his law is deadJ), but Bryant, Krzanich or James???

POET: Yes, face this is our genius Dr. Taylor! He is POET, and now AM too! These are persons with vision, with high impact, perfectly made to be marketed!

The product:

Intel developed excellent products, in the past, but this continues also now. RAM, SSD, CPU... A constant history of improvements (yes, partly slowing down in the last years). But somehow they missed the future. They missed a big part of the mobile devices, this is a main market now, and still growing fast, developing fast. And they missed the foundry model, which is the strength of many of their competitors. They do all on their own, from basic research, design of technology and chips to the final production. In the past this was fruitful, now it seems to carry a lot of risks and problems. If this would be a strength, Intel would market it. So what is Intel marketing?

POET is a groundbreaking technology, a shift of paradigm. It is no material, but it will materialize in manifold hardware, and each piece of this hardware will be - in the same way – groundbreaking. (by the way, an excellent word – as this technology will break up the fertile earth so the seeds can enter and develop for a fruitful harvest).
Each piece of this hardware will be a “must have”, not “just another tiny improved hardware”.
This is how “POET inside” will sell.

Ah, there is so much more to say, but I leave space to others now. TF

Please login to post a reply
tannersfriend
City
Munich
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined