POET Technologies Inc.

in response to walconst's message

Walconst, I firmly believe the company will try to uplist to the TSX as well, and I feel that POET will be dual listed on the TSX / Nasdaq by the end of 2014 (this is my own personal opinion and expectation). A TSX listing will open up POET to some investment from some Canadian institutional money and would definitely be a good thing as well.

The company increased the treasury significantly over Q2 and therefore when the next financial statements are released sometime around mid-August, which will be accurate as of the end of June 2014, I think the books will reflect this. This increased cash position should help meet the TSX requirements for cash in the treasury and put the company in a position where they can apply to uplist.

As for TFSA accounts ... actually you can put Nasdaq-listed securities in a TFSA. The Nasdaq is considered a "designated stock exchange". Registered accounts such as RRSPs and TFSAs can hold Nasdaq-listed securities. You will see the Nasdaq on the following list from the Canada Revenue Agency. Nasdaq = National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation System (that is how it appears in that list).

Hope that helps.

Bumblebee

Please login to post a reply
BumblebeeRR
City
Northern Ontario
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined