POET Technologies Inc.

I'm having trouble understanding the confusion and mixed message postings....see the excerpt from the May 27 release, and then re-read the article released on Friday.

I understand caution.

I also like to read between lines and also take advantage of stock situations where we are ahead of the curve.

Just my 2 cents!

Good luck to all!

Jimbo

100-nanometre initiative

This milestone (M-8) is associated with reducing the feature size of key Poet devices to the 100-nanometre range in scale. The company had previously achieved sub-200-nanometre scaling as announced in the first quarter. While work progresses to drive down feature size further, the company's technical team now believes that it will achieve this milestone in the near term.

Among the technical challenges addressed by the team are short-channel effects and the development and implementation of a novel technique based on using a non-gold-based contact, without liftoff, to achieve self-alignment. This results in a general digital device format for III-V technologies. Many of these processes have been captured as new intellectual property for the company by submission of patent applications.

Peter Copetti, executive chairman and interim chief executive officer, noted: "The team has worked relentlessly through multiple hurdles on its way to completion of the 100-nanometre milestone. The scale down to sub-100-nanometre scale will demonstrate our ability to fabricate competitive digital devices with III-V materials to a point that has never been demonstrated before."

The technical team has targeted the end of the second quarter of 2014 for completion of this milestone.

Please login to post a reply
jimbo444
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/31/2014
Social Links
Private Message