POET Technologies Inc.

in response to maing's message

I'll say it again - the huge run-up before the EC event was caused in large part due to the excitement and expectations created thereby, most of it was very likely right here on this board, right before our very eyes. The substantial group of shareholders who read/post here probably were buying all along, as people kept talking about $4 to $5 prior to EC, then, who knows what after.

So, the stock got well ahead of itself and is now correcting rather steadily.

I really felt this way for quite some time, yet, I did not play this nearly correctly. Now, if someone who feels that way, messed up, what's the chance of those who really thought great news was going to accompany EC and all those well-connected people in the EC audience were going to run out and buy POET in the 72 hours or so post-EC, not messing up? Close to zero!! But, I do understand some won't sell no matter what and that's fine, but maybe those people shouldn't be so surprised with what has happened. On the other hand, there are those like Andrea who haven't sold and don't care about the day to day price so much, as they are in for the duration - that's a consistent posture.

Individual stocks are more predictable than they are properly played (not that either is easy, but the first is easier than the second). If you've seen it enough, you can have a good feeling for what might be happening or is going to happen, but playing that feeling properly, that's another skill, and it requires you to be pretty unemotional. But with all the chatter here, it's difficult to think you might not be left on the launching pad when the thing rockets.

We all had the same chance to de-risk when this was over $2.50, I think certain folk here may have. But I think a lot of warrant holders did. Nothing unusual in the market, espectially the micro-cap market.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links