POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Happyhour's message

Regarding PC performance, most of us, certainly including me, do not know what the decorum and tradition of the presentations at the EC are. Perhaps they are such that PC decided to low key his intro - I know he knows how to sell and "hype," so it's not that he could not do it, more like he decided that was not the way to go in that particular forum. Again, without knowing more about the forum, it's difficult to say. PC could have been a bit cowed at first by the whole event, that's not a group of brokers he was addressing. He likely sensed he was a bit out of his element, which can make anyone uneasy, especially when, as CEO of a company who is claiming what they are claiming, he probably felt he shouldn't feel that way. Taylor, on the other hand, is a brilliant scientist/engineer, it's a given he would be out of his element, and therefore, the expectations were far lower, in terms of style.

That being said, I would have liked something to the effect of, "we are excited at POET to be on the cusp of bringing about a dramatic change in a basic technology which we believe will become industry standard for decades to come, an industry that has sales of a staggering half a trillion dollars per year. The POET technology has taken 20 years to perfect, and we are very nearly there; as you can imagine, it's nothing simple, it's quite complex, in fact, so you'll have to listen carefully to what Dr. Taylor says, and, believe me, we have all worked on his presentation to make it as comprehendible as possible, we hope you will understand the difficulty of that task, and welcome your questions afterwards."

Instead of, "I looked under the hood and found a Ferrari." I doubt that's EC material, LOL, my guess is it's a bit more formal.

PC did later say he felt the stock should go up. Management is generally loathe to make such a flat out statement, it can cause legal problems later on.

But I don't think the presentation has much to do with the share price, so the above is just academic.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links