POET Technologies Inc.

in response to ctblizzard's message

Thanks for trying to contribute, ctblizzard. My first take on your questions is that you are sincere but time will tell.

Here's another more recent article related to your Intel link:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/04/intel_shows_off_disaggregated_rack_of_servers_storage_and_networking/

I admit up front that I'm not an expert on any of this but I'm a quick study and retain information pretty well. I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before.

To me, the Intel tech seems like a one trick pony. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to be just an optical ethernet module (a product similar to what POET has on their radar for the near future as well). No reference to CPU's, memory and storage, SoC's, or sensors, let alone quantum computing. The speed reference was 100GB/s, which is a measure of how fast it could transmit data between computer systems. No mention of computational speed(GHz) at all. The breakthrough that Intel is proclaiming is nowhere near as far reaching as POET is.

Now if that alone doesn't convince you how far apart the two technologies are, add the facts that SteveWilson mentioned regarding heat and efficiency of silicon vs GaAs and I think the winner is clear.

Of course, do your own DD. It's your money.

Green

Please login to post a reply
Green88
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/23/2013
Social Links