POET Technologies Inc.

in response to terafly's message

I owe no shares in any company. I dropped by to clear up what I feel are some misunderstandings in my evaluation of this technology.

My work focuses on logic. Microprocessors -- and a particular *type* of microprocessor at that. I focus on consumer electronics, SoCs, smartphones, graphics cards, workstation hardware, and the equipment deployed in these components.

The thing to remember is that all of those areas put together are a fraction of the total microprocessor and a *small* fraction of the number of things that are built with semiconductors. I'm aware that POET is the rebranded version of Opel, which had a solar business -- doesn't mean this work has no solar power utility.

My comments, including the entire conversation thread at ET, should be read as applying to the devices I typically cover. Products outside those markets are outside my area of expertise. I cannot say whether POET's work has utility in the general field of optoelectronics; all my comments have been directed towards the use of POET's technology in *mainstream* microprocessors.

FWIW, most of POET's presentations and discussions don't focus on conventional consumer electronics. While they theorize that their tech could have applications in these fields, it doesn't appear to be the principle focus.

Please login to post a reply
JoelH
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/24/2014
Social Links
Private Message