POET Technologies Inc.

in response to goosed2's message

I wouldn't worry much about a website blogger, even if he is freelancing for an 'almost-mainstream" site like ExtremeTech.

Even Ars would have been better coverage (apparently he used to contribute PC game reviews, consumer testing for CRT monitors, video cards and the like there, but for some reason he went down-market. (sorry, Ars imo is much more respectable).

Early 30's, so typically would have no life experience on anything younger than a Xeon or P4 ... so this equates to being a trustworthy fountain of semiconductor insight how?

And based in Kentucky. There's a hotbed of technology innovation for ya.

I couldn't find any relevant* credentials for him at all. None. Zero zilch nada. Apparently at DePauw University, he studied Political Science and Classical music.

So when it gets to the complex stuff, the easy road is just to regurgitate whatever has been the common exposure to within the Gamer's PeeCee world, or had been spoonfed by the marketroids and conference boothbabes. imo, you'd get better insight from /.

sorry if that's harsh ... but sometimes these pretend-to-be-qualified empty-headed yungins spouting their foolishness just get on my nerves. keep in mind, that generation's first email address was @aol.com

"Hey Look! I've been an *expert* for TWO WHOLE DAYS!!!"

brother.

GLTA,

R.

* from http://www.vanshardware.com/misc/joel_hruska_bio.htm

Please login to post a reply
robvanhooren
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating