Newcastle Gold Ltd.

Operating Gold Mines - Quebec & Peru Canadian Gold Producer with significant GOLD Reserves
in response to balducci's message

"I have trouble buying into the premise that it is so complex as to be onerous when a multi-billion dollar company can so easily find loopholes to avoid payment of any corporate taxes."-balduci

Any company that reports profits must pay tax on those profits. The urban legand of corporations not paying tax ...is exactly that.

Companies can reduce their tax impact by working between jurisdictions and do have the ability to defer tax for a period of time.....but they do pay tax and in large amounts.

As far as Germany is concerned your information is about 20 years old. Germany reformed it's tax system a long time ago. I am a German citizen and am a partner in a company there and own a comapny here. Their system is far simpler with less guesswork. When you need a tax ruling it also is far quicker and transparent.

Your experience may be different but I would like someone to show me a company that made a profit without past losses to offset that did not pay tax?

carry

Please login to post a reply
positive carry
City
Paysandu
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/26/2010