Newcastle Gold Ltd.

Operating Gold Mines - Quebec & Peru Canadian Gold Producer with significant GOLD Reserves
in response to koetjeboe's message

" There is nothing available that really answers my questions now." I'm taking this from Koetjeboe's post where he wonders about the value of WTG. What is available and what I go by is the market's valuation. Now I realize that the market isn't always right. It often gets it wrong because investors make up that market. The market is wrong when investors get too emotionally high or too low. So, at the moment Koetjeboe asks a good question and the market is suspect. However, as I see it the market is telling me that it values WTG at $1.375. I'm basing this on the .4 offer and my math gives me 2.5 shares of CMM will give me one of WTG. I hope my math is right.

This is a far cry from the $4.00+ that the market gives WTG. It gets even more confusing when not too long ago WTG was valued by the market at 28 cents. If you get into the area of how WTG got to the $4.00+ you risk mixing "apples" with the "oranges ".

If we accept the offer we would see our CMM shares valued at $1.375. Not bad when we see this 55 cents the market gives us presently. So what's the catch?? As I see it I wonder what the market will do once the deal is done. Will it look for the value and reassess the share price? You can bet on that one. And if the market can't find it any clearer than Koetjeboe does, we will head for 28 cents again.

This is why most of us are dead against this deal. We can not see the value for us to go ahead and none has been provided that gives us any confidence in WTG.

The big old boys club isn't only in Russia but it's alive and thriving all over the world. We have to use the rules to make sure they do the same. Some here are sure we can. I hope so.

Someone else posted about what happens if we do win. That's where I am thinking. The statement that F & S are not going to lose so we can't doesn't fly with me. I am sure they will not lose but that doesn't mean we can't. We may win this battle and lose the war. F & S have lots of money and can weather the storm. If CMM runs out of money and shuts down, where do the shares go? I know this is a too simplified scene and there are other consideration involving Deuchbank and the loan to them, but even the threat will scare investors and run the share price down.

These are some of the things running through my mind. I know there is a rosy picture to be painted too. I'd welcome some rebuttale.

Please login to post a reply
antlizzie
City
Kenora
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/21/2007
Social Links