Newcastle Gold Ltd.

Operating Gold Mines - Quebec & Peru Canadian Gold Producer with significant GOLD Reserves
in response to positive carry's message

PC, I have considerable respect for your bank of knowledge with respect to the stock market and business in general. So I am not questioning your wisdom with respect to a prospective takeover attempt of CMM by WTG. Other knowledgeable posters have made remarks along the same lines.

However, I am quite skeptical about WDG and its intentions. My concern, and it may not be valid, is that if the offer is a bummer, there will be very limited time to organize oposition to it. Granted, Peggy's group have major holdings and there are other major share holdings. But, couldn't these be neutered through some side arrangement in advance?

These WDG people seem to be operating on a wing and a prayer, but are no doubt extremely shrewd and sharp operators. If indeed an offer from them transpires as seems likely, they must feel there are respectable odds in their favor of making a worthwhile profit out of virtually nothing. It can't be just a shot in the dark, eh?

Just throwing this out for what it may be worth -- perhaps very little. My hope is some of our keenest investigative minds will scrutinize all the angles very closely in advance, rather than run the risk of ending up with a fait accompli or severe time constraints within which to activate resistance.

Just IMHO

O.F.

Please login to post a reply
Orange Flash
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/09/2008