Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

on my part.I have no excuse,I just felt like doing it.

Keith Albert Markey - Griffin Securities, Inc., Research Division

I was just wondering, some people have brought to my attention that there are blogs posted by different patients ostensibly who participated in one trial or the other. And I was wondering if you had any kind of-- about the results that these patients have posted, saying that they've never had such great control? And I was wondering if these patients are eligible for use of AFREZZA on a compassionate use basis?

Alfred E. Mann - Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

First, let me say that we get lots of those inputs. People send us information. I've gotten letters from patients. I've gotten e-mails from patients, all talking about how their experience has gone, how successful it's been, how pleased they are. I had one physician who was involved in 171 who called me and wanted -- pleaded with us to get all of his patients to remain on AFREZZA on a compassionate care basis simply because they've never seen results had been so significant. And I said, "Tell that to FDA. Don't tell that to us." And then a few weeks ago, I ran into a physician involved in the Affinity 2 trial in type 2, and his remark was that he's never seen such incredible results and without any hypos and that he intends to put all of his patients, his type 2 patients, on AFREZZA. Now those are just anecdotal stories. So you can't really draw any conclusions from it. We will get the data sometime in July, probably, and we will be analyzing it. And once we get all of that data, then we'll be able to make a definitive statement. But until then, we have to treat these only as anecdotal stores. I think perhaps the most significant fact is that I've personally heard of dozens of very positive comments and opinions about AFREZZA and I have yet to hear one that was negative. So that, to me, is significant.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1173611-mannkind-management-discusses-q4-2012-results-earnings-call-transcript?all=true&find=mannkind

Please login to post a reply
brentie98
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/19/2012
Social Links
Private Message