Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
Re: Exubera's ghost
over 11 years ago
in response to wellsbro2's message

I am not overly concerned that many doctors are not familiar with Afrezza or have not heard of MNKD or Al. My primary care physician is allowed 20 minutes per patient on regular health care matters and is kept on a very short leash by the corporate hospital. My diabetes doctor is actually a nurse practioner who is in the endocrinology department of the hospital. I will ask her if she is aware of Afrezza on my next visit.

My father ended his 45 year pharmecuetical sales career 5 years ago. In the old days he packed his sample bag and saw doctors day in and day out. We would have a semi-truck come to our house every few months with cases of samples when I was a kid. It was not unusual to offload 40-50 cases of drugs and have them stored in our basement. As my father ended his career he told me that not only were reps no longer able to give away samples but even buying a doctor a cup of coffee or giving them a pen was often prohibited. He said that in many hospitals and clinics you no longer had access to doctors. Time have changed.

Big pharma is driving sales through the consumer. We are telling our doctors what we want and they are prescribing based on demand in many cases. My hopes are that MNKD launches a broad media campaign after approval to inform and educate diabetics who will tell their doctors what they want. That, in combination with an educated and talented sales force (through a partner) will drive this drug to blockbuster status.

Please login to post a reply
nada
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/20/2012
Social Links
Private Message