Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
Re: Exubera's ghost
over 11 years ago
in response to nada's message

I just met with a new primary care doctor on Monday for the 1st time. I moved to Southern California a few years ago and finally got a primary care doctor. He gave me all the normal tests and everything was inline. He said my blood glucose levels were inline, but not too far off the pre-diabetes level. He started to tell me about diabetes. He also mentioned that him and another Dr recently published an article on Diabetes. He told me that he could have a copy of it made and I could go by and pick it up at end of week. I will be picking a copy of it on Monday and will share the article on this forum. (I am flying to Boston tonight, so can't pick it up until then)

I told him that I did have some knowledge of diabetes, as I have a decent amount of money invested in a company that is trying to get a new diabetes drug to the market. I told him the name of the company and the drug and he never heard of either. He also never heard of Alfred Mann. (strange because he seems to have a lot of knowledge of diabetes and is located in S. California (redondo beach) like Al Mann.

He asked me what type of drug and I told him an inhaled insulin. He immediately shook his head and said that he wouldn't recommend the stock?!? He was familiar with inhaled insulin in the past. I started to explain the difference between this device and previous.

He told me the issue w/inhaled insulin is the cost of the pulmonary testing that needs to be done every few months. He also told me that Doctors are trying to get away from prescribing insulin and trying to fix the issue before they need it. I have read articles recently that state that Doctors should be prescribing more often, so who knows?

That was pretty much it for the conversation, as I was there for a Dr appt and not to talk about my investment. I am interested in reading the paper that he recently had published.

I didn't listen to him and sell any of my shares, as it is only advice of 1 Dr, but it does scare me a little that he had no clue of this drug. He obviously has negative thoughts towards an inhaled insulin, so it could be a long road convincing Dr's to prescribe Afrezza.

I just wanted to share my recent Dr Appt with everyone. Will upload my Dr's recent Diabetes publication next week. I'm not a medical expert, so some of you will probably appreciate it more. Honestly, I probably have way too much money invested in this company for as little medical knowledge that I do have. :)

Please login to post a reply
cannon5974
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/28/2013
Social Links
Private Message