Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

View sy_cricket's Comments BY TICKER:

MannKind: A Pure Speculative Bet [View article]

I am type II diabetic since 1996, and believe me it is the worst possible ailment ( disease) anyone can acquire. The oral medication eventually became ineffective after 4 years, and even the larger and larger doses I was taking failed to stabilize my glucose levels. They eventually took a severe toll on my kidneys so I was put on Insulin. It's a wonderful product and I don't mind injecting twice a day, But I challenge anyone living a normal life to try to get the dosage right in light of the variables to be considered, e.g., exercise which varies wildly, your Carb intake which you can theoretically control but if you take the wrong amount of insulin in the morning you run the risk of a Hypo, or a Hyper, either of which is going to cause you nerve problems in your extremities, and damage to the back of your eyes.

A very important difference between injection and inhaled insulin is the need to have refrigeration availble at all times for storage of the injected product. It is my understanding that Afrezza will not require refrigeration for storage. You try traveling in the tropics, or sailing the Atlantic and see what a pain the "Butt" -no pun intended - injected insulin is. For most of the underdeveloped world Inhaled insulin will be a God-send.

Yes I have meager shares in MNKD, as I think any diabetic might.

Mar 21 05:56

http://seekingalpha.com/user/3652751/comments/symbol/mnkd

Please login to post a reply
brentie98
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/19/2012