Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to liahall's message

I always figured that Type II's already on insulin were priced in as well as Type I's.But with the new trial going after early Type II's and maybe even pre diabetics,that's a whole new ballgame.Add to that the fact that the ADA is calling for much earlier insulin use.That has to make Afrezza more valuable.

Al:

The American Diabetes Association and many key opinion leaders are urging ever earlier use of insulin. The FDA seems to be in concert with this. After all, with the agency, they guide us to conduct MKC-175 to evaluate the presence in early type 2. Key opinion leaders are becoming increasingly positive enthusiastic about the potential of AFREZZA. Some are suggesting that by reducing pancreatic stress, AFREZZA should slow or perhaps even stop progression of type 2 disease. Wouldn't that be great? Moreover, delivery of AFREZZA by inhalation with our tiny whistle slide inhaler is so simple, so convenient and so very cost effective. And patients love it. I am absolutely convinced that AFREZZA will become widely recognized by patients and clinicians alike as a preferred therapy throughout almost the entire diabetes spectrum. For quite a few years into the future, I'm certain that type 1 and late type 2 diabetes and optimum basal-bolus therapy ought to be AFREZZA plus the basal patch pump. For early type 2, since the first launch is prandial control, not fasting controls, an ideal therapy for most patients should be AFREZZA alone or with metformin.

Please login to post a reply
brentie98
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/19/2012
Social Links
Private Message