KWG Resources Inc.

Exploration stage company that is participating in the discovery, delineation and development of chromite deposits in the James Bay Lowlands of Northern Ontario. These deposits are globally significant source of chromite which may be refined into ferrochrome, a principal ingredient in the manufacture of stainless steel.

What a gorgeous day for golfing..... NOT !! Just after I hit my best and maybe only good shot of the day to 8 feet left of the pin with an 8 iron, the skies opened up and a torrential downpour hit us all. Like as if someone was saying..... oh no Strato, you don't get to putt that. Sorry doesn't count...... Thanks...

So anyways, as the rivers were getting close to cresting and the course was unplayable, we had to stop. And so for the first time ever in this golf tournament, the weather was bad.

But undaunted by this, I declared it a tournament after 3 holes as everyone got that many in. And so we had three teams tied at one under par. Hence, I declared a dining room playoff in front of all the guests. Using a putter from the prize table, still wrapped in cellophane and a ball from one of the dozens on the prize table, each team designated one person and they got one chance each to putt the ball through a slot, with the centre slot being 50 points. The one with the most points wins.

After the first round, two teams remained tied. Then with all the guests now watching intently, the two teams each put their ball through the 50 slot in the 2nd round. That produced a roar from the crowd and we went to a 3rd round. With many starting to crowd around, Team James Bay finally prevailed in the 3rd round and was declared the champion of the 7th ROF Classic. And it was team captain James Bay (John) who was putting.

So we made the most of a nasty weather day.

The film crew that was filming the documentary on the ROF and on our annual tournament/get together followed us around the course for a few holes, taking some film clips. Back inside afterwards, he was was interviewing a number of guests, including myself about the ROF and our annual event. And he even filmed my not so good reggae rendition of the ROF song. Don't know how much of all this will make it to the actual film, but certainly, some of it will.

And what a pleasure to see Crazydik back again, looking as good as ever. And George from Agoracom once again. He once again kindly donated a pair of of tickets to a premier event at next year's TIFF.

And Babjak, Irish, Hoov, Glorieux, Mustangman, James Bay, Lowboy, ElmiraFisherman, Merjr, Malcome & Elaine from Bold and Frank, Doug & Bruce from KWG and Mark, Steve & Colin from Noront were all there yesterday. Plus many more guests that don't have poster names and so I won't put their real names up here, out of courtesy to them.

Great crowd, great people, excellent food, hors d'oeuvres and wine. And the service was excellent also.

The rain tried but it couldn't beat us. Thank you to everyone who attended. And to the new guests who came for the first time, hope that you will come back again and again.

Special thanks to Maureen (Irish), who wore many hats like me yesterday - from doing the putting contest before tee-off, to registering people at the first tee, greeting guests and introducing many of the new people to returning attendees, setting up the prize table, helping to sell my CDs and more.

Thanks also to Mustangman, who came out not feeling well and took a bunch of pics of the day's events. I'll try to post some of these shortly.

Hope to see many if not everyone back next year, plus those of you who couldn't make it this year and also some more new people again next year. Once again, it proved to be a fun event and everyone enjoyed it.

strato

Please login to post a reply
Stratopod
City
Mississauga
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/16/2007