over 16 years ago
Re: 55,000 acre parcel
about 16 years ago
about 16 years ago
about 16 years ago
in response to wblue's message

In my numerical calculations I am using the natural gas resource estimates from Junex's May 2008 presentation.

I am using a value of $0.50 per thousand cubic feet. Some financial analysts use $1.00 to $2.00 per mcf.

Two discovery wells have been fracture stimulated: Becancour #8 (Junex) and one well on the Gastem/Questerre property. Five hundred vertical feet in both wells was massively fractured to get peak value of 1 million cubic feet per day on one or both(?) wells.

The horizontal well will be two thousand feet long in the middle(?) of the Utica shale. They may use Packer's Plus technology and fracture stimulate four stages of five hundred feet in length. The gas flow through the vertical fractures will be greatly increased to perhaps 4 million cubic feet per day.

New Time Estimate for Forest wells based upon new information.

Drill time: 15 to 30 days

Frac time: 3 days (some time is needed to setup equipment)

Fracture stimulation cleanup: 3 days(?)

Gas Flow Test Period: 30 to 60 days

====================================...

http://www.oilweek.com/articles.asp?...

"The frac still can go anywhere it wants in each segment, but since it´s done eight to ten times, you get great coverage," Themig says. "You used to spend anywhere from four days to four weeks doing ten fracs on a horizontal well, but now typically, in the Bakken, we do all eight or ten fracs in a single day."

Please login to post a reply
wblue
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/31/2008
Social Links
Private Message