Impact Silver

Welcome to the Impact Silver HUB on AGORACOM Focus: Silver Exploration, Production, and Growth

Borrowed from Stockhouse -

Some high lites from The Gold Report June 02
For example, I was recently at IMPACT Silver Corp. (TSX.V:IPT), which has maps of at least 1,800 narrow shafts that were put in the ground over the past 500 years just in one valley. That's only three per year over 500 years, but it's amazing when you remember that they were using extremely primitive technology. They basically mined the silver they could see. They pulled silver of 1,000 –1,500 grams per ton (gpt) from these narrow shafts, ignoring this huge block of rock all around them. They weren't interested in it because it wasn't visible silver, not their "high-grade" stuff; but it's high grade to us—500 gpt, at least. Impact Silver's saying, "We'll take it. This is absolutely fine. This is a great grade to be working nowadays."
Impact Silver's is an interesting story. They are making money and they have almost an embarrassment of riches. There's so much around them that they can mine. The question is what do they mine next? It's not as if they have to look for stuff—they're surrounded by it. They have an interesting approach. They are not going into debt. They are drilling to prove up ounces in one of their land packages, but they're working in an area that's easier to drill because of the geology. The main mines have what you might call "lumpy" deposits; they know where the silver is, but they aren't in a hurry to prove up those ounces because it would be expensive. So while they will have a new resource report coming out later this year, they have so much more they won't be reporting because that would require a lot of drilling that they'd rather not pay for just yet.
TGR: But even if it's in lumpy deposits, it's high-quality stuff.
SB: Any miner in the U.S. would be knocking themselves over to get it. The very high grades that have been mined out in the U.S. Charts show how the ore grades of all metals peaked in the 1920s to 1930s—incredibly rich grades of iron, copper, silver, gold and more. Why? We came to this new level in technology that made mining easier, especially at the deeper levels. So most of the high-grade stuff is gone now; it's been used.
TGR: And in the meantime?
SB: Mexico's become a very mining-friendly country. As long as a few decades ago, many smart Canadian miners went to Mexico and put together land packages of properties that had been abandoned. They're finally getting to work on them and are finding some amazing grades. An average grade of 500 grams of silver per ton is a very rich mine. You don't even have to drill much, you just go along the same path the previous miners followed. The ore you get is just really excellent.
TGR: Quite the bonanza.
Please login to post a reply
Panamax
City
Tallahassee
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/29/2007