Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to gwr1's message

Thanks for the positive comments GW - certainly needed at a time like this. While it is easy to be critical of management I do take some comfort in knowing that there are seven outside board members who must have discussed this move in great detail. One of them is CEO of Sentient and I assume he has a considerable personal financial interest in that company which would translate directly to a major financial interest in the affairs of AUM. Other directors have extensive careers in the mining business so I would hope that they too see the long term potential here. I gather from reading that small miners like AUM with significant reserves and the installed facilities to produce them are relatively rare. There appears to be no logical relationship between the share price and the true value of the company's assets. I would hope that the directors are acting with those thoughts in mind.

As an aside, I see that the company's announcement doesn't make it clear that the $0.50 share price is in U.S. dollars. At least, I hope that is the case. That omission probably reflects AUM's nationality and the relative unimportance of the TSX listing. Maybe my Canadian inferiority complex is showing.

Please login to post a reply
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/07/2008
Social Links
Private Message
Golden Minerals Company