Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to GOLD888888's message

Gold8888,

You're theory is a bit far-fetched for me. This whole thing with the new resource report is more in keeping with my long held theory that due diligence is great, but what will sink you is something you either didn't know or couldn't have known. Of course, a surprise could always be positive - we just can't remember the last time one of those happened!

You read this, you read that, you listen to conference calls, you read this board, you see Argoz's numbers for ounces, and value, but then....

Sure, most every junior pm stock has been killed, but AUM has been over-killed, and I think a big part of the reason why is the new resource report (CAM), and many who may have either known about it, or, almost as good, knew that it would look to pm investors as significantly less attractive than the Micon report.

Now, I don't know if the Micon methodology is at one end of the spectrum and CAM at the other, but I'm pretty sure that if they are not, they are pretty darn far apart in the way in which they make their estimates. If someone knew the differences between Micon and CAM, they could have predicted what was coming and the effect on the share price. That could easily have resulted in the extra sales that took this one darn so very hard.

Perhaps the "bad" news is out, and we can build up again, from a level of fairly low expectations (at leasts that helps). For a change, perhaps we can over-deliver. But it's clear to me that neither AUM nor most any other junior (or senior, for that matter) will do anything but founder if the price of gold and silver doesn't at least stabilize.

The above is nothing unique to precious metals or mining, some of you know that I have a significant investment in ONC, which is a Canadian biotech, based in Calgary, that has a treatment for various cancers, with one trial in Phase III. Lots of smart guys analyzing that one, too, but I just get the feeling, what we don't expect will be the thing to F one up.

Yeah, and I'm also afraid the Coyotes are going to come back on my Kings, so there you have it - complete disclosure into the psyche of a frustrated investor/fan!!

Good luck!

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008