Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to argoz's message

Argoz, I found the comment below on the Yahoo board. Did you notice that they changed the parameters (cut off grade, recovery rates) vis-a-vis earlier NI 43-101 reports at el Quevar? I don't know much about this subject, but I would expect NI 43-101 to exist as an instrument precisely to avoid changing the parameters from report to report.

Quote:

I don't get why they assume 2 things.

For west Yachte: The indipendant firm are using a 75g cut off and 62-88 % recoveries, lowering the grade from 360g/t on average to about 190 g/t.

For East and Central Yaxchte: 62 % recovery + 31 g cutoff. making the grade go down from about 200g/t to 100g/t.

So now the total resource, added tonnage but the "on paper" grade dropped from about 330 g/t to 160 g/t. Sure open pit is cheaper and easier to mine, but 4 different N43-101 was made before and they indicated 320-450 g/t.

Any comments. To me it looks like a VERY conservative estimate. I don't know if this was made to push resources from inferred to Indicated. But from MICON to CAM 2008 to end of 2010 there were 4 estimates, estimating like I said 320-450 g/t..

Please login to post a reply
DONTCRYFORME
City
Prevessin-Moens
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/13/2008
Social Links