Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to Terresainte's message

Interesting point of view, however I would ask you why 'minarets' as a limited architectural design? There are Sikh temples, Synagogues, and all other forms of religious buildings in Switzerland, so why the focus on minarets? Shall we take the debate further and ban those ghastly modern designed houses which Swiss bankers so love- they are truly an eyesore in the Swiss landscape. Are there any other architectural designs banned in Switzerland to date?

This is overt racism through racial characture being justified through the flimsiest of arguments (well others discriminate... so why can't we?) In France, muslims make up between 5-10% of the population but have only 1 elected representative in the countries government and are largely amongst the poorest and most discriminated in French society- hardly a role model. I'm sure any American who saw the Swiss posters would be aghast at them, even if they themselves harbored some fear of Islam... they would never be allowed to be posted as it would fall under 'provoking hatred towards a minority'. Democracy was never designed to deny minorities their rights.

You cannot seriously look at the poster that was being used to promote the banning of Minarets and justify the red/black nazi propaganda technique, nor the overtly racist depiction of muslims which focuses on the full length burka which is cultural (Saudi Arabia) not a part of the religion of Islam (there is no such requirement in the Qur'an). A simple look at the British National Parties (a white supremacist party in the UK) overt support and copying of the poster tells you all you need to know.

BTW: The church bells in my neighborhood ring loud and clear each 15 minute interval. I find it odd that such things are allowed in a state which professes neutrality and state/religon segregation... only recently posters proclaiming atheist non-beliefs were banned in Basel, so is it one rule for some and another for the rest? When society begins to pick away at the smaller members of their collective congregation and tolerates oppression of their beliefs and respectful freedom of expression we are all in big trouble. I see those posters like the bashers who infiltrate our site every so often- disrespectful, lacking in education and just plain wrong.

Also, I believe you last statement could also be used as justification for 'mob rule' could it not?

Please login to post a reply
Mrsoul027
City
Zurich
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/30/2008
Social Links