Agoracom Forum Leaders

AGORACOM Member Inquiries, Feedback and Testimonials. Check regularly for updates, news, tutorials and announcements
in response to hoov's message

On one of my hubs, a returning poster using a new alias joined up in late Nov. I say returning, because the style was recognized quickly by many, who communicated about it via email.

When a member is banned, on that hub anyway, there's a self imposed cooling off period, then they rejoin, which is fine, as most realize their error and not repeat same.

After months of pushing the limits, staying barely under the radar, he insulted a member, 1st warning and deletion. Next post, insulted and attacked that same member and added another in the same post, 2nd warning and deletion. 3rd post insulted and attacked me, you guessed it, 3rd ditto. Next post, went after me again at full speed, 4th, BANNED.

Had this persons posts be left to stand, many on the board would have gone after him in defense of their buddies, stirring up the hornets nest, making the hub leaders task more difficult to say the least.

Agoracom's "business model" as expressed clearly in the six rules, the fact that board mods are expected to carry out those rules, to me says, it's up to us to lead by example, remove posts that will insight others, and do it consistently, immediately, and my policy is, a member is nameless and faceless, you screw up, post will be deleted, you screw up over and over, you are GONE.

Please login to post a reply
DISCHINO
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/06/2008
Social Links
Private Message