Fancamp Exploration

Highly prospective exploration company McFauld's Lake: very significant Nickel & Chromite mineralization - Magpie Property: World class Titaniferous Magnetite deposit.
CIA
over 7 years ago
Re: CIA
over 7 years ago
over 7 years ago
over 7 years ago
in response to tbs001's message

Des négociations entre Champion et les Innus pour la relance de la mine du lac Bloom

Publié le jeudi 12 janvier 2017 à 16 h 44

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1010523/champion-innus-relance-mine-lac-bloom-champion

La mine du lac Bloom, près de Fermont Photo : Radio-Canada/Evelyne Côté
Partager
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google +
  • Pinterest
Plus
  • Imprimer

La société Minerai de fer Québec, gérée par Champion, poursuit des pourparlers avec la communauté innue de Uashat-Maliotenam en vue d'une reprise des activités à la mine du lac Bloom, près de Fermont.

Les deux parties tentent de conclure une entente qui comprend des redevances, de la formation et des emplois pour les membres de la communauté.

Le directeur général de la Société du Plan Nord, Robert Sauvé, ajoute que Champion multiplie les démarches, ainsi que les travaux aux installations du lac Bloom, pour relancer les activités.

« On a des indicateurs assez intéressants, dans la mesure où les travaux sont déjà amorcés. Leur plan de travail est bien fait. Les gens sont très actifs dans le dossier. Le prix du fer semble tenir à un niveau assez acceptable », explique-t-il.

Il y a de bonnes chances que les activités puissent démarrer quand même dans un avenir assez rapproché.

Robert Sauvé, directeur général de la Société du Plan Nord

Depuis l'an dernier, Champion est propriétaire des installations du lac Bloom, qui appartenaient à Cliffs ressources naturelles.

Cette dernière avait signé une entente avec la communauté innue lorsqu’elle était active dans la région.

************************************************************************************************

BING Translation:

Negotiations between Champion and the Innu for the revival of the Bloom Lake mine
Published on Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 16:44

The Bloom Lake mine, near Fermont Photo: Radio-Canada/Evelyne side

The iron ore company Quebec, managed by Champion, continues talks with the Innu community of Uashat-Maliotenam with a view to a resumption of activities at the Bloom Lake mine, near Fermont.

Both sides are trying to reach an agreement that includes royalties, training and jobs for members of the community.

The Director general of the company Plan North, Robert Sauvé, adds that Champion multiplies approaches, as well as work in the facilities of the Bloom Lake, to restart activities.

"We have enough interesting indicators, where work is already underway. Their work plan is well done. People are very active in the folder. The price of iron seems to hold at a quite acceptable level,"he explains.

There is a good chance that the activities can start even when in the fairly near future.

Robert Sauvé, Director-general of the society of the North Plan
Since last year, Champion is owner of the facilities of the Bloom Lake, owned by Cliffs natural resources.
The latter had signed an agreement with the Innu community when she was active in the region.

Please login to post a reply
luker
City
Toronto, Ontario
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/27/2008
Social Links