Fancamp Exploration

Highly prospective exploration company McFauld's Lake: very significant Nickel & Chromite mineralization - Magpie Property: World class Titaniferous Magnetite deposit.
in response to Tony T's message

I've learned a bit more about the process of obtaining a patent. I had one step out of sequence, and I'd like to correct the record.

The first step is to file a patent application, somewhere in the world. Usually, someone does that in their own country, but not necessarily. Then, the international phase of inquiry begins. A search agent is hired to determine if anyone anywhere has ever publicly discussed or disclosed anything relevant to the patent application, whether in a patent application or a scientific publication, a newspaper article. Anything at all, really.

Then the new patent being applied for is considered, claim by claim, in the realms of novelty, inventiveness, and commercial applications. Any question about any of the constituent claims in the new patent is described in detail, if there is any concern about novelty or inventiveness.

After that process is completed, and assuming the patent being applied for is indeed novel, inventive, and has a commercial application, then what is called the national phase begins. Patent applications are applied for, nation by nation, with the supporting evidence being the international search documents filed at WIPO, the world intellectual property office that serves as the repository for all filings.

I hope I have it right, this time. lol

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined