Crystallex International

Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM "Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold producer with operations and exploration properties in Venezuela."
Chavez returns to Venezuela after surgery
Venezuelan president says he is "fine" after his arrival from Cuba, where he was treated for a cancerous tumour.
Last Modified: 04 Jul 2011 12:38
Chavez was in Cuba undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous tumour [GALLO/GETTY]

Hugo Chavez has returned to Venezuela from Cuba, where he has been recovering after surgery that removed a cancerous tumor.

The Venezuelan president arrived at Maiquetia airport outside Caracas on Monday, where he was greeted by government ministers upon his return from Havana, Venezuelan state television videos showed.

State television showed video of Chavez leaving Havana and then arriving in Caracas about 2am.

The video report also showed Chavez bidding farewell to Cuban leader Raul Castro.

"I'm fine. I'm happy," Chavez, 56, said upon his arrival.

He hugged his vice president, Elias Jaua, and his elder brother, Adan, after stepping down the stairs from the plane.

"A perfect landing," Chavez said.

In a telephone interview, Chavez later told state television he was having breakfast. "I'm devouring everything," he said.

There had been previous speculation about Chavez being seriously ill.

He had been in Cuba since June 8, and was rushed to hospital on June 10 for what was initially described as a "pelvic abscess".

Chavez revealed on Thursday he had a cancererous growth, which was fully removed in a second operation.

Please login to post a reply
mineonmoney
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
05/24/2008
Social Links
Private Message