Crystallex International

Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM "Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold producer with operations and exploration properties in Venezuela."
in response to EZ Street's message

Ultimately, the CEO position and BOD is accountable for the success or failure of a business.

Executive management teams main "job" is to create strategic plans and put in place the right people that will build appropriate processes to ensure success. Additionally, a main trait is to be able to influence when and where necessary to support stated plan. The BOD is entrusted with oversight of said team.

Typically, (at some point) negative consequences for failure of the strategic plan will occur at the executive level. Just like the executives will be well rewarded when strategic plans are successful.

If Robert Fung has the character that you believe he has, he would tell you that he is responsible and should be held accountable for failing to successfully implement the strategic plan. (He knows his job description )

By the way, I am not a believer in absolutes and kick myself when I use them.

"""but the reality is there was absolutely nothing they could have done to make it happen."""

The reality is, you and I don't know that. Do you really think Bob, and previous CEO's believe they made no mistakes that may have had a material impact to the project?

You can have the last word, like pissing into a cat 5 hurricane, continuing this conversation won't get anywhere.

Please login to post a reply
RedRock
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/18/2008
Social Links
Private Message