Crystallex International

Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM "Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold producer with operations and exploration properties in Venezuela."

This is on of KRY's old mines turned over to the gov't Oct 2008:

Studying enable gold mine of water reserves to the south of Bolivar

Ciudad Guayana, 16 Nov. ABN .- Bolivar state water company (Hidrobolívar) delivered to municipalities in Callao and Roscius a project to convert the old gold mine in the Victoria underground water reservoir to ensure supply these locations during the next dry season.

The project was delivered by President Hidrobolívar, Francisco Castillo, the mayors of both municipalities, Ornelio Scipio and Jose Alejandro Martinez, at a meeting convened to discuss the situation of water service in the southern state, traditionally affected by decreased levels of the reservoirs that supply the area in the summer seasons.

Francisco Castillo explained that for technical reasons, each year is necessary to apply a strong service rationing in places like El Callao, Guasipati, El Dorado and other nearby communities.

He noted that this year is expected to present the problem harder, given that Venezuela and much of South America are affected by a reduction in rainfall due to El Niño weather phenomenon.

'The intention of the project is to avoid rationing of service in both municipalities, for which we intend to use the mine La Victoria, located in El Callao, as an underground reservoir of raw water during the driest months, especially January and February' he said.

Castillo said the feasibility of this project is supported by technical studies by Hydro-Bolivar, who had stated that the mine could store up to one million 100 thousand liters of water, enough water to supply two months to two municipalities.

The meeting raised the need for both municipalities as soon as possible to request the state gold company Minerven, tutored by the Corporacion Venezolana de Guayana (CVG), the permissions to enable the mine as a reservoir.

This would allow time to start installing equipment that will fill with water and then pump the fluid into the treatment plants in the area.

The work involves an investment of close to 700 thousand Bolivars strong and will increase the water storage capacity in the south of Bolivar to 4 million 600 thousand liters, including both the mine as tanks Hidrobolívar handling.

For its part, the mayor of Callao, Ornelio Scipio, announced that together with his counterpart of Roscius initiate the search of a permit the company Minerven.

'We have a responsibility to the community and all government agencies must work in this direction, "he added.

Also reported that the meeting proposed the installation of a new adduct in the tank located at the El Cemetery, municipality of El Callao and other network adaptation works in the Ramona and San Jose.

Roscius Mayor Jose Alejandro Martinez said that was discussed the progress of the rehabilitation of the tank of El Calvario, which has been inoperative for 15 years because of lack of maintenance.

'Hidrobolívar been working on this tank and put into service once again going to increase by 500 thousand liters of drinking water supplies and surrounding communities Guasipati' he said.

http://www.abn.info.ve/noticia.php?articulo=207610&lee=2

Please login to post a reply
makinmoola2
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/24/2007
Social Links