Crystallex International

Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM "Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold producer with operations and exploration properties in Venezuela."

Just looking at what is being reported (I should not say reported but rehashed guessing), Is there a motive and is there a chance for any strategic buying?

If you read these press reports there are really no new direct quotes from anyone of importance. Chavez talking about Venrus is months old news, and when he talked about it, Russoro was looking like Mini me and flying high. Chavez announced new grandiose plans for Las Christinas, later Sanz had to say there is a legal problem there.

What has changed minimaly is the activity level as the GN National gaurd is one of Chavez's tools. This could lead some to speculate there is something going on. I would have to say sending a few dozen troops down to secure thousands of square miles of "the land time forgot" from illegal miners is not a sincere effort. Dosen't the Venezuelan Government have legal obligations to protect our intrests and the intrests of the other Foregin national mining companies down there? If enviromental concerns are really the issue, I imagine thousands people (troops, scientists and cleanup workers) would have to be sent there.

Nobody on either side of this contractual issue has announced anything definite for a long while, even Doug next door. Russoro really has toned down their "official" melarky since Venezuela's latest announcements seem to put them off Las Christinas and on to other projects.

So what is the motive of these news reports? I think it's just a slow news day. Chavez calls up two dozen National Gaurd troops and that in itself is not a news story. Those of us who watch know that nothing has changed but continued attacks in the press would suggest an effort to damage KRY's position and attacks the PPS.

Last week someone here was talking about stop limit orders he has placed in incraments up to a dollar, sorry! I forgot who that is. I thought this was a great trading strategy to catch some money as any good "real" news develops steam. Even though I agree with the Midas post, "I lay even odds between a buyout, the permit or arbitration", recent events (BS news posturing) could be again setting up some bogus awful announcement by a minister type level person etc. or some other "official" person, which would possibly make placing limit buy orders below .15 a good idea now also.

I am wondering if the disconcerting news efforts continue as part of the shenanigans that may occur before the end of May, and will there be opportunities again to buy in the low teens before then?

Just some thoughts and questions for you all to ponder, Hondo.

Please login to post a reply
hondobud
City
Oceanside
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/11/2007
Social Links