Crystallex International

Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM "Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold producer with operations and exploration properties in Venezuela."
in response to magowl's message

Well, having an opportunity to review Decree 1257 in a very rough translation, I would tentatively agree that the approval of the EIS was HUGE. I would also tend to agree with KRY that Article 40 probably doesn't apply to them as there was nothing additional after the approval (airstrip, cyanide etc. would have all been re-addressed before the approval). Many posters are talking about a lower level official denying KRY. Article 43 states that The granting of approvals and permissions for the occupation of territory within areas designated as Areas Under Special Administrative Regime will be implemented by the authority which is designated as administering the area in the respective decree of creation.

I'm pretty sure the Imataca is one of the Special Administration Areas, so its a possibility that that official may have the capacity to take the action. I have a translated version of Decree 3110 up, but I have trial in the a.m., so I doubt I'll get to review it tonight...

All of this, of course, IMHO

(I took a quick glance at this and I think it might be very relevant to our discussion - sorry I can't read more, but feel free: http://tinyurl.com/3lfytb)

Please login to post a reply
vinvec
City
Hammonton
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/29/2008
Social Links