Copper Fox Metals Inc.

Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM Copper Fox Metals is a Canadian-based resource company focused on developing the world-class Schaft Creek Project in northwestern British Columbia.
CAPEX
about 11 years ago

Some have posted that we have lost on negotiating the 4X expenditures that Teck would need to commit based on the old 2002 agreement. IMHO, I don't agree, at least from an accounting perspective.

Note that under the old agreement $360M was to be committed by Teck based on ~$90M CUU fronted all these years. To clarify CUU would not be receiving this money. In exchange, Teck offered $60M to CUU. To clarify CUU would be receiving this money.

In essence, Teck would commit $180M by the time CUU would front up the $60M it received from Teck, basically $240M in total assuming a 75/25 ratio. That coupled with reimbursement of tenure acquisition costs, liard shares etc. makes the JV relatively close to the originally contemplated one.

Why the change in the JV agreement? IMO I think Teck does not want to be bounded to provide expenditures within a certain time frame. In exchange, they paid CUU a fair amount so that they can set their own timeline.

The JV agreement is great for Teck, but just as good with CUU. I think we are now liquid enough to remain a long-term partner or positioned to be bought out. I think once the market digests the news, we should be north of $1 soon.

Calvin

Please login to post a reply
mypalcal
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/26/2012
Social Links