Copper Fox Metals Inc.

Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM Copper Fox Metals is a Canadian-based resource company focused on developing the world-class Schaft Creek Project in northwestern British Columbia.

lots of excitement the last few days - trying to catch up on the past 2 days posts.

Last night i was in attendance at a presentation with respect to minerals / mining in the Thompson, Cariboo (T/C) districts of BC; and a fair amount of time, as expected was about Teck.

There was mention how they announced they are applying to drill in the former Bethlehem copper mine just south of the existing Highland Valley property - acknowledging grades are lower in HV now and the only reason still producing is due to current infrastructure & resources already in place and the current price of copper.

The presentation also talked of the numerous mine proposals and exploration properties in the T/C area.

But what was also of note, is a map and mention by the presenter (geologist) of the tremendous amount of interest and dollars being spent and planned in the NW of BC. Of particular note was the acknowledgement of vast copper deposits, particularly in volcanic areas, i.e. Mt. Edziza; but espicially highlighted was the significance of the gold reserves.

With that in mind, i couldnt help but think of theTeck presence in the NW:

- Schaft Creek option

- 50% stake in Galore & though partner has opted to sell, Teck is still drilling and are even recruiting a tempory logistics manager position (posting just expired) for the site

- staked thousand of acres between Galore and Schaft Creek (optics only?)

- have an option agreement and are drilling in an area east of Mt Edziza

- previously mined gold at the Snip Mine (in general area of Galore / Schaft Creek) in the early 1990's as Cominco > Barrick Gold subsequently took a position and though the mine closed, i believe they are again exploring.

I realize we have reviewed and reviewed Tecks position with respect to Galore and other properties and possible synergies or not, but its hard not to consider the effort and dollars they are expending.

There was mention how all levels of government, including local First Nations, are keenly interested in developing the area and bringing sustained and managed growth to an area largely unknown. Not only is the transmission line going in, but also electricty generating run-of-river projects. Couldnt help but think how many nay-sayers said former BC premier Wm. Bennett was ill-informed and wasteful when building the Peace River dam so far north and so little need of....(lol)

Incidentally, the presenter was not a geologist with a private company and vested interest, but instead a government official.

glta and cheers

jaf

Please login to post a reply
jafcan
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/09/2011